Many thanks to Marty Wilson – Indianapolis, Indiana for this recipe.
Makes enough for 24-32 slices of cocktail bread – Enjoy immediately!
- 1 loaf Rubschlager cocktail bread, rye or pumpernickel
- 2 cups roast beef, pastrami or ham, sliced then and cut into thin strips like shredded cheese. (The original recipe calls for Carl Buddig dried beef. If you can’t find that, any high-quality deli meat will work.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise or aioli
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 cup chopped black olives (sliced also works)
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise/aioli with the mustard.
In a separate bowl, combine shredded beef and the cheddar cheese.
Spread the mustard/mayo mixture on slices of cocktail bread.
Place the cocktail breads on cookie sheet.
Spoon about 1 heaping Tbsp. of the beef and cheese mixture onto Rubschlager cocktail bread.
Place under broiler until bubbly and slightly browned.
Find this recipe and so many more in our seasonal recipe collection featuring Rubschlager Cocktail Breads