Fresh ingredients combined with Rubschlager bread that makes it perfect for any party.
- • Rubschlager Danish Pumpernickel
- • High quality mayonnaise or aioli
- • Cooked shrimp
- • Pickled cucumber (see note below)
- • Fresh dill sprigs
• Spread a slice of Rubschlager Danish pumpernickel with a thin layer of high quality mayonnaise or aioli. Cover bread completely.
• Take one leaf of red leaf lettuce and break the spine, allowing the leaf to be curved into a circular shape and lay flat on top of the mayonnaise.
• Slice, peeled and deveined cooked shrimp in half longwise so that the shrimp will lay flat on the sandwich and cover the lettuce with 4 -5 shrimp halves
• Top with pickled cucumber.
• Garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
Note: To make pickled cucumber, slice fresh cucumber very thinly and soak in sugar, salt and cider vinegar for a minimum of two hours or overnight.
Featured in our latest cookbook! Download now