Out of time for Super Bowl prep! Spice up the kickoff to your super bowl party with these super fast, super easy fan-pleasing recipes! Each one has a little kick of its own!
Spicy tomato Grilled Cheese Sliders
Grilled cheese sandwiches with slices of juicy tomato are a weekend favorite! This open faced variation is easier, less messy to make and so good – it may have become the new standard for the Rubschlager employees.
- Choose your favorite variety of Rubschlager cocktail breads; rye, pumpernickel, sourdough or whole grain.
- 1 cup of sharp shredded cheddar.
- 1 can of Rotel Original
- Place Rubschlager cocktail bread in a single layer on cookie sheet.
- Drain liquid from Rotel
- Mix together well in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mix generously onto the breads.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly and beginning to get brown on the edges.
- Serve immediately!
In the truest form these are really simple cheese toasts.
- Rubschlager Rye cocktail bread
- Garlic aoli
- Hot dry salami (For speed, our in-house chefs recommend using Daniele Brand Salami Bites. They are a great size and pre-sliced.)
- Thin sliced sharp cheddar. Any good farmhouse or Vermont sharp cheddar will do!
- Spread garlic aoli on 12 slices of rubschlager rye cocktail bread
- Place on cookie sheet and toast until crisp in 350 degree oven – about 15 minutes.
- Top toasts with a slice of hot dry salami.
- Cover with a thin slice of sharp cheddar.
- Place under broiler until bubbly.
- Serve immediately!
The European Football League Toasties
This combines Spanish Chorizo and Creamy Gouda with crisp apples – its almost like a fondue and the sweet apples are a nice contrast to the hot chorizo!
- Rubschlager pumpernickel cocktail bread.
- Spicy chorizo, diced. For speed, our in-house chefs recommend using Daniele Brand Bistro Toppers . They come pre-diced.
- Red apple with skin on, diced about the same size as the chorizo.
- Shredded Gouda cheese.
For 12 slices of bread, I recommend 1 cup each of the chorizo and apples to ½ c of the shredded gouda.
- Place bread slices in single layer on cookie sheet and warm in a 350 degree oven while prepping the other ingredients,
- Mix the three ingredients in a small bowl, then spoon generously onto bread.
- Toast under the broiler just until the cheese is bubbly and apple edges are just beginning to brown.
- Serve immediately.